Thursday, February 22, 2007

Not much going on...

Well, I didn't get the photos loaded of my bedroom. Maybe tomorrow. But I did clean my longarm thoroughly and loaded a new customer quilt. She did applique and wants meandering in the blocks. It seems so simple, but boy it is tough on the arms to keep the machine constantly moving at a steady and well-planned pace. I am trying a new feather idea (new to me) in the sashing. I think it looks ok. We'll see.

The double wedding ring quilt went home today. I'm glad that project is done, but it was really good for me in many ways.

I am anxiously awaiting a new template set for my longarm. I want to use it on a couple of quilts for the Fisher House and then on my son's quilt. I can't wait!!

I am now trying to gather up all my expenses over the past year. It is incredible how much money I spent on the machine, supplies, thread, batting, etc. Not to mention the trip to Houston for quilt market and festival. That alone was almost $2000 (including classes and hotel). This is a very expensive hobby to get started in.

I hope this year I make more money on quilts than I spend. That would be a novel idea! I'm not very good at saving money. I need to stay off the computer (placing orders on-line) and out of quilt shops. If I stay busy enough, this may just happen!!

1 comment:

Suzanne Earley said...

The first year or so can be expensive, particularly as you try new things and figure out what works for you and your style. I still have stuff that I bought years ago (that I HAD to have), that I actually never use. Thread is a given, batting, too (and fabric of course...), but don't buy stuff just because everybody else has it and says it's awesome. Only buy those big gadgets if you truly think you'll use them, and that they'll help you make money (if that's your goal...)