Thursday, March 8, 2007

Yikes!






















Where did the time go? I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted. I have been busy, although I have thought about posting a few times and just didn't get to it. I had 4 customer quilts waiting for me after we painted the bedroom. I just have one left that I will do tomorrow.

The kiddos are out of school for spring break next week. They're excited. We are going up to Salt Lake City and Helena, Mt to see family. I'm looking forward to it. I have no idea what the weather will be like. We would love to see snow, but all that winter gear takes up a lot of space in the suitcase! Here in San Antonio it's 79 degrees. Almost hot...But at least it's nice enough for the kiddos to play outside. The irony is they both have a cold but they should be over it by the time we fly north.

I have a very, very, very exciting opportunity that I'm considering. It's a big deal, one that is exciting and scary at the same time. It's also one that could change the dynamics of our family. But I can't tell you about it yet...Isn't that mean of me? I should probably keep quiet for a bit until I know whether I'm going to take the leap or not. I'll let you know either way very soon. How's that for drama?

My daughter Katie turns 12 next week. Oh my gosh, only one more year before she's a teenager. She did mention the other day that "you know mom, that I'm going to be in junior high next year." I started tearing up when she said that. They want so much to grow up and it's sad for me. They are great at this age. They are growing so quickly that before I know it, they will both be as tall as me in just a couple of years....Katie is wearing a women's size 9 shoe for heaven's sake! I am proud of both my kiddos. We are very lucky parents.

The above pictures are of customer quilts I've done this week. I have another one done, but Hubby hasn't held the quilt up for me to take a picture. I'll post it and the one I'm working on tomorrow probably this weekend.
Gotta go!!












2 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

Great job on the quilts. Sometimes I think people try too hard on samplers, thinking they need the full out custom treatment, when in fact, a panto or other allover treatment looks very nice.

And hey -- no fair hinting like that! Spill the beans! LOL.

Hope your vacation is going well!

lorin said...

I just googled the "My heart is fixed" quote, as I just, sob, broke the dish which one of my folks had given to the other as an anniversary present, on which it was printed by the maker, Mottahedeh of Portugal--do you by any chance have a source for the dish? Or did you find the quote somewhere else? I am so sad to have dropped it! (Both parents are now deceased, and this was a treasured memento that I somehow managed not to keep a grip on). Thanks, lorin@newearth.org