Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's Sunday night and already the weekend is over. It went by super-fast considering I didn't do much this weekend. Yesterday I read the paper, took a nap, played on the computer and that's it! Today I did get out of the house. I was invited to a wedding shower of a dear friend's daughter. It was really nice. Delightful company, delicious food and a relaxed afternoon spent with friends. Those are some of my favorite things!

I am now sitting by the fire watching the Grammy's. Guess what I came home to today? I'm so excited about it...Hubby had a dozen roses and the biggest box of Russell Stover Chocolates I've ever seen waiting for me. There were also Valentine's cards from him and the kiddos. He cleaned up the kitchen, washed the sheets and made the bed and did all the laundry. That is the biggest gift to me. (I really tire of doing laundry.) So coming home to all of this was wonderful. And we ate take-out Chinese for dinner. Talk about getting spoiled!! He will be going out of town this week so won't be home on Valentine's day. But he done good anyway!!!! (My children really listen to those chocolate commercials - Russell Stover's advertising worked on them.)

I am once again reminded of how fortunate I am to be married to my husband and surrounded by my children who love me. I need to remember to be grateful everyday for the blessings I have in my life. I hope you do the same.

No comments: