Thursday, February 8, 2007

Buffalo Ridge for my son...





Yeah!!! I just finished my son's quilt top that I started before Christmas. It has been a labor of love. The pattern is Buffalo Ridge from Pat Speth's book, Nickel Quilts. I love this color scheme. The fabrics are from the Charleston III collection by Judie Rothermel. Isn't it yummy? The top is bigger than I expected it to be. I made the twin size but it's big enough for my daughter's queen bed! I'm going to use a wool batt and have an awesome masculine print to put on the back. I'm going to quilt it with the Baptist Fan design. I can't wait 'til it's done, because it's going to be beautiful. This may be my favorite quilt that I've made so far... did you see the pic. of dear son helping hold the quilt top for a photo?

2 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Wow ... it's gorgeous. Bet your son really likes his new quilt, eh?

Lberna said...

Wow. I have her book and I've been looking at this pattern. I'll probably reduce some of the size of the borders and add a row of the 14" blocks. I love this pattern.